For an assessor it is possible to assign grades automatically to all assigned participants according to the final score that participants gain from either automatic validation (FLOWmulti) or from the points assigned by the assessor. This feature is available in both FLOWassign and in FLOWmulti.
Similarly, it is possible for an administrator, in FLOWmulti, to assess a flow with automatic validation, using point-based assessment - Assign assessors to pages (available since version 2.10.0).
Assessor: assigning grades via point-based assessment
By clicking the flow name at the top of the WISEflow Assessor Tool you can click the tool "Points-based assessment". This is a tool that lets you quickly distribute grades based on score while still maintaining an overview.
In the example used for this guide, all the questions were auto-validated with either a score of 1 for correct and -1 for incorrect. However, it would have been possible for the assessor to change the score of one or more pages for the participants. This would be done by the assessor adding annotations with the right amount of points to correct the participants score (For a short video guide, see Assessing FLOWmulti).
The point-based assessment tool has the following features:
- Define a lower value for your point interval. Which minimum point is the baseline? What is the absolute lowest possible attainable score?
- Define the maximum for your point interval. What is the maximum attainable score?
- Pull the lines between the grade intervals to further fine-tune the grade distribution.
- Save your grade distribution.
- Transfer the grade distribution to the personal assessment for all participants.
- Overview the participants' scores, potential assessment according to present distribution above, hand in status, etc.