FLOWmulti is an add-on module in WISEflow, which is used for multiple-choice examinations and tests. The module makes it possible for an author (for instance an assessor/teacher) to create questions, which can be assigned by an administrator to a multiple choice test/examination.
How to setup a FLOWmulti
1. Click on Create and create a flow as usual. Choose FLOWmulti as the flow type.
2. Set the flow up as you normally would (with participants and manage participant and assessment periods etc.).
3. On the To be handed out-tab, add an assignment for the exam. You must type in the unique reference ID. This is found in the published content section of the author module.
You can also assign an author to directly assign the assignment to the flow.
4. Remember to activate the flow when you are done setting up the flow.
Since version 2.10.0 (Sycamore), the advanced FLOWlock settings has been moved from the Advanced-tab to a separate page accessed from the basic-tab by clicking Manage all settings. For quicker access, you can remove the use of FLOWlock-browser and change participant and invigilator passwords directly on the flow page.
Note: As a standard, the FLOWmulti flows are run with the FLOWlock-browser. This means that the participants and the managers of the FLOWmulti-exam should be aware of the requirements and the installation guide for the FLOWlock-browser. See FLOWlock: Installation.
Advanced FLOWmulti settings allow the manager to customise the progress of the examination. Descriptions for each setting is found in the middle-column of the menu. Click Edit all to access all check boxes at the same time.
The manager can also enable or disable settings on individual participants on the bottom of the page.
Before the flow starts
Preparations - the participant's device
- Before attending a FLOWmulti exami we suggest you run a test exam, where you test the participants' devices prior to the exam.
- If this is not an option, the participant should have tested at least the demo of FLOWmulti, which is found in the profile in the pane called “System requirements”.
- Before the participant opens the FLOWmulti exam, we suggest that you restart the computer and close all unnecessary programs and services that are either not allowed or not needed.
- Establish a connection to the internet and make sure the computer automatically finds the correct WiFi, if the connection is temporarily lost. Remove any nearby WiFis your computer remembers that are not usable during the exam, as you have no way of changing WiFi once you are in the FLOWmulti.
- Note: Participants should be informed that the use of TAB to indent and customize the appearance essay questions does not always convert well to PDF. The use of tables instead provides a more secure appearance of the hand in.
Preparations - at the institutional level
- (Optional) Have some pre-installed computers ready for the students if their own device cannot complete the assignment.
- FLOWmulti is dependent on a stable internet connection. In the FLOWlock-browser, there are limited options when it comes to re-establishing the connection. We suggest you have ethernet cables ready to plug the device directly in to a cabled internet connection, if the connection is lost.
- Avoid using special characters or symbols that can easily be confused in the start-up and proctor password. It can be difficult to distinguish between an i or an l or an o and a 0.
If you experience any problems during the exam, please see FLOWlock-browser: Troubleshooting