In FLOWlock, you can add two different kinds of extra material (appendices):
- Drawing tool: Illustrations that you make with your mouse, or a drawing pad connected to the computer.
- Camera tool: Pictures taken with the camera of your computer or any camera attachment to the computer.
On the right side of the FLOWlock page, find "Appendix material" in the options menu.
On the Appendix menu, click to add a new appendix material. Choose between camera or drawing tool.
Draw the illustration you have in mind and click "Save". You can change the name of the drawing with the field to the left of the Save button.
The camera tool allows you to (1) choose between cameras connected to your computer. Click the camera button (2) to take a picture.
You can take as many pictures as you like. Select the best one by clicking the button to select an image and click "Save selected image" to save the appendix material. You can change the name by writing in the field to the left of the "save" button.
Handling appendix material in the paper
When you have saved your drawing or picture, it is added to a list seen in the right-hand side of the screen. Any objects in this list will be uploaded with your submission as Appendix material (extra material).
- Each appendix material has the options, from left to right:
- Add to the paper at the cursor position. Click twice to add the image.
- Edit the drawing (drawn image only).
- Preview the appendix material.
- Delete the appendix material.
You can stretch the image and edit the visual settings of the image by clicking the image in the text.