If you cannot close the browser contact the proctors and get help to close it.
If you are using Windows as your Operating System this could be caused by WebSockets being deactivated on your PC.
Check if WebSockets are working in your current browser
- Open the browser you are using to connect to Wiseflow and FLOWlock
- Open the following link: https://www.websocket.org/echo.html
- Check the box "Use secure Websocket (TLS)"
- Press "Connect"
If you see the message "This browser supports WebSocket" everything is OK.
If you get a message that WebSockets are turned off in your browser, follow the following steps in order to reset WebSockets in your system:
1. Click "Start"
2. Write "cmd" in the search field. Right click "cmd" and choose "Run as administrator". Approve and type any passwords when prompted.
3. Type netsh winsock reset and press enter.
4. You will get the message "Successfully reset the Winsock Catalog. You must restart the computer in order to complete the reset."
5. Restart your computer.
Alternative method for Internet Explorer 11
If the above steps did not solve your problem, follow the following steps in order to reset all Internet Explorer settings: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Reset-Internet-Explorer-settings
ATTENTION: This will reset all user defined settings, toolbars or other addons. This includes all safety-, privacy- and zone-settings. It will also erase all browser history, temporary files, cookies and also all saved passwords.