Draw is a feature that gives the manager the option of setting up an exam with multiple exam questions or assignments, from which there will be made a draw before being handed out to the participant. The manager can set the number of questions or assignments forming the draw, upload the questions and assignments herself, or allow for the teacher/assessor to do so. A draw can be made either randomly, distributive or manually.
The module Draw, additionally, makes it possible for participants to hand-in multiple files from which Draw will individually draw randomly from. The drawn question or file will then function as the assignment for a follow-up exam.
How to setup a flow with multiple pre-assigned assignments
Draw works in all current flow types which support a written assignment.
- Create a flow as you normally would (e.g. a FLOWassign flow).
- Click on the To be handed out section.
- Upload the first assignment as you normally would (Click Add file).
- Then click Add new assignment.
- Upload the next assignment as you normally would and keep adding new assignments and appendix material until you are done.
- Add participants to the flow.
- Click Distribute assignments to choose how the assignments should be distributed.
- From the menu, you are able to distribute participants on each assignment manually via manual dragging and dropping participants between the assignments (columns).
- In the top left corner, you find the Distribution menu. Here are different tools to automatically distribute participants between assignments.
- Remember to activate the flow when you are certain that all settings are set to your liking.
Allowing for the participants to upload an assignment and have WISEflow draw one for a combined flow (Draw)
- Create a FLOWhandin.
- Click on the "Advanced" pane.
- Check "Only allow hand in of PDF-files" and "Allowed amount is also minimum". Furthermore, choose an allowed number of files that the participant can turn in.
- Click the Combine pane (deprecated). Add a flow in which the assignments from the first flow should be drawn to. Combine: How to use it.
- Click the second exam in the overview.
- Click the "Advanced" pane and check "Individual assignment from handed in material". This will draw an assignment for each participant between the handed material in the first flow.