This is a starting guide for participants.
After login in, a participant is met by the main page for participants. This page consists of the Flow overview, which is a list of all the exam flows that the participant has been added to and that the manager of the flow has activated. This includes the demo flow which can be used to get a feel for how a normal exam flow will work. The participant can also access the participant archive to see old finished exam flows.
Here is an overview of what you see on the Flow overview page:
- List of active flows.
- Flow title.
- Flow type.
- Unopened flow
- Flow start and end dates.
- Flow timeline and current state.
- Enter the participant archive, where old archived flows are saved.
- Enter the demo flow area.
6 different types of flows exist; they indicate what kind of exam will be conducted. You can see the flow type under the title of the flow.
The six types are:
A flow can be in 4 different states, which can be seen on the timeline beside each flow:
1. Enrolled on flow
The flow has between activated by the manager of the flow, but the participation date has not been reached yet. The participant can access the flow to find information on the flow: Managers, assessors, curriculum, assignment etc.
2. Open for participation
This is the most important state for the participant. During this period, the participant can upload and hand in the assignment. This period is set between the start and end date, seen beside the flow icon.
3. Closed for participation
The participation period is over and submissions are assessed.
4. The flow has ended
All submissions have been assessed and the participant can access the assessment, when it is published by the manager of the flow.
How to hand in an exam paper
You enter a particular flow by clicking the on flow in the list (anywhere in the box of the flow).
This brings you to the flow page. The page changes depending on what state the flow is in, but here we will be looking at the "Open for participation" state.
- See deadline to hand in the paper.
- Preview or download the assignment provided by the flow.
- Preview or download the curriculum or additional material.
- Upload of paper, fill out cover (more in depth description of these functions below).
FLOWassign is the most commonly used flow type and the one you are most likely to run into. Here are some short important points on FLOWassign:
- You upload your paper as a PDF (only one paper is allowed) and upload appendix material, which can be of any number of files of any type.
You can download, rename or delete files at will.
- Fill in the coversheet which has been set up by the manager of the flow. Some fields must be filled out before you can hand in the paper, these are marked by a star.
You can preview the coversheet afterwards.
- Hand in by clicking the "Hand in" button. This will be followed by a confirmation that the paper has been handed in. It is also possible to hand in blank. If allowed by the flow manager, then it is possible to withdraw the hand in and upload a new one.