FLOWoral enables administrative support of oral exams. The assessor can use the flow as the time schedule of participants and take notes digitally as the participant perform live at the exam. These notes can then be shared with the participant afterwards. A grade is then submitted by the assessor which can be distributed to the respective student systems when the assessment period ends.
As a general principle, FLOWoral is built to send participants through exams by assessors allocating them to a process of rooms - Waiting area, Preparation, and Examination. See FLOWoral: Assessment for a example walkthrough of an exam.
- Open the examination tool (Annotate): Click to open the examination tool where you conduct the exam.
- Register marks: Here you submit the grades chosen for student. This is needed before the grade can be released to the participant.
- Timetable: Below is the timetable. Here you find the plan for participants to start preparation, examination, and discussion of mark.
Note: The timepoints here are not final and participants are only sent to preparation and examination manually by you, the assessor.
- Toggle between showing the timetable and participant list. See participant list below.
- Participant list: The participant list displays information on the participants. Click to enter the "Register marks" page.
- Periods: If allowed by the manager, the assessor can edit the periods of the exam, changing the length of periods, adding breaks, or distributing participant.
- Access information on co-assessors to the flow.
As you enter the examination tool, you are greeted with the annotate "desktop". Here is a quick overview.
- Click the flow name to enter the exam overview. For description, see below.
- Current participant selected. Open a participant, by clicking "Open participant" in the exam overview.
- Current progress room.
- Features of the examination tool.
- Introduction: A small informative text on FLOWoral.
- Log and Chat: Also available for non-remote exams.
- Log shows system, command and error messages during the flow.
- Chat allows the user to chat with other users who are online in the same session.
Description of the period: Designated time for each room, number of participants, date.
- Timeline of participants: The point in the progress of the participant is shown by the symbols and the color to the right.
- Participant is in the waiting room awaiting to be sent to preparation or examination.
- Participant is in preparation.
- Participant is in examination.
- Participant examination has ended. Click "Summary" to see comments added to the participant by the assessor. Click to revert the participant progress (Does not remove any grade given).
- Click the toolbox (2) to send participants directly to preparation, examination or as finished.