Please be aware that a new version of the lock down browser is available and the participant should also download the newest version before participating a flowlock based exam.
The participants can use an iPad for flowlock-based exams. There are a few steps to complete before starting. The lockdown browser for iPad is almost like using it on a computer.
1. Installing the app
Go to the App Store.
In the search bar, search for "lockdown browser".
The first result should be the app "LockDown Browser" by Respondus Inc. Install the app as per usual. You should not open the app directly, but only through a WISEflow FLOWlock page from your web browser.
2. Try out the demo flow
It is possible to try out both the FLOWlock and FLOWmulti before starting the real exam.
Procedure for exam on iPad
- If you have participants that you know will bring iPads for the exam:
- Take note of these participants and sit them in the same location (if you have more than one).
- Ask these participants to arrive a bit earlier, allowing time for setup of FLOWlock on their device.
At arrival/before exam starts
- When the participants arrive ask whether they have installed the LockDown Browser app. If not, install it on their device as shown above.
- When the app is downloaded, ask the participant to open a web browser (e.g. Safari or Chrome) and go to the FLOWlock exam page as usual (log in to WISEflow).
During the exam
- When the exam starts, participant can press "Start FLOWlock" or "Start FLOWmulti" in the browser and press yes to open in "LockDown" Browser app.
- In the next pop-up window confirm that LockDOwn want to start Single App Mode. After confirming the participant will be unable to use other apps on iPad until LockDown ends Single App Mode.
After the exam
- The participant can exit the lockdown browser by pressing the home button. Click on the browser app (Chrome, Safari etc.) to return to WISEflow.
- Participants can leave the exam with their device.