Please be aware that new versions of the LockDown browser is published directly to the app store by our supplier and the participant should always download the newest version before participating in a FLOWlock exam.
The participants can use an iPad for FLOWlock exams. There are a few steps to complete before starting. The LockDown browser for iPad is almost like using it on a computer, but there are minor differences and they are listed below.
- Appendix: The feature to take pictures with the webcam is not present on iPads
- Assignment: The button to open assignments in a new windows has been disabled
1. Installing the app
Open a flow with FLOWlock on your iPad and click on the "Guide to FLOWlock browser"
In the new windows, click on "Download on the App Store" and from there install the LockDown Browser. You should not open the app directly, but only through a WISEflow FLOWlock page from your web browser.
2. Try out the demo flow
It is possible to try out both the FLOWlock and FLOWmulti before starting a real exam.
Procedure for exam on iPad
- If you have participants that you know will bring iPads for the exam:
- Take note of these participants and sit them in the same location (if you have more than one).
- Ask these participants to arrive a bit earlier, allowing time for setup of FLOWlock on their device.
At arrival/before exam starts
- When the participants arrive, ask whether they have installed the LockDown Browser app. If not, install it on their device as shown above.
- When the app is downloaded, ask the participant to open a web browser (e.g. Safari or Chrome) and go to the FLOWlock exam page as usual (log in to WISEflow).
During the exam
- When the exam starts, the participant can press "Start FLOWlock" or "Start FLOWmulti" in the browser and press yes to open in "LockDown" Browser app.
- In the next pop-up window, confirm that LockDOwn want to start Single App Mode. After confirming, the participant will be unable to use other apps on iPad until LockDown ends Single App Mode.
After the exam
- The participant can exit the lock-down browser by pressing the home button. Click on the browser app (Chrome, Safari etc.) to return to WISEflow.
- Participants can leave the exam with their device.