Detailed stimulus allows Authors to convey information to assessors and cooperating authors that should not be visible to participants. The question editor gives access to two text fields under More options and Details; Stimulus at assessment and Instructor stimulus.
- Stimulus at assessment - Overrides the stimulus (question text) chosen at the top the question during the assessment fase and post-assessment. This setting is mainly developed to be used as a tool for the author to inform the assessor and participant af the reasoning behind the automatic scoring. Notice, if you want the question text to be visible, copy this into the field and write the custom description below.
- Instructor stimulus - Adds a blue text box above the question stimulus/text. This is shown in the question editor and during assessment to the assessor.
Text written in these fields will show up according to specific roles and specific parts of WISEflow. We will go over these below. In the examples, we've created an activity with 4 questions. One with no detailed stimulus, two with each field, and one with both fields.
In the question editor, under the question preview, the instructor stimulus is shown above the original question stimulus ("This is a test question.").
As mentioned, none of these field will show up for participants. As seen in FLOWmulti:
Below are examples of the fields as seen in the assessment tool (Annotate).
Stimulus at assessment
The participant has access to the field Stimulus at assessment as well, but not Instructor stimulus if the manager has enabled the Flow settings...
- Allow the participant to access the paper after hand in,
- Allow the participant to access automatic validation after hand in, and
- Allow the participant to access achieved points after the assessment period.
For more on FLOWmulti setup, see the article: FLOWmulti: Setup
On the participant flowpage, the settings manifest themselves as the following buttons (accessing the three settings in the same order as above).
1. Participant access to paper after hand in
In this view, the participant does not see the Stimulus at assessment, as this would give access to "automatic validation" (meant for setting number two), if the field is used as described in the start of this article.
2. Participant access to automatic validation after hand in
In this view, the participant is shown the Stimulus at assessment to complement the validation scoring.
As shown, Instructor stimulus is not available to the participant (no blue box).
3. Participant access to achieved points after assessment
In this view, the participant is shown the Stimulus at assessment to complement the reasoning behind the assessment (fx annotation text og retractions of points).
As before, Instructor stimulus is not available to the participant.
Note: Points given by the annotations in these example pictures, do not affect the score of the page because no registration of grade was enabled on the flow.