Points-based assessment to FLOWmulti has incorporated simple emergency measures to handle problems or mistakes with the assessment. All features and examples below are only available during and after the assessment period of the flow.
- Unlocking scores
- Substituting assessors
- Deactivate or change the assessment method of sections
- Reset finalisation of marks
- Redistributing sections or removing points-based assessment method
Unlocking scores for assessors
When an assessor has registered an assessment, and there is no conflict with a cooperating assessor, the assessment is essentially locked for the assessor and he/she has no access to change it. However, if an assessor comes to the manager, stating that he/she has registered a wrong score for a section, there is an emergency measure in place to handle this:
Click "Unlock assessor scores". Select the assessor whose sections you want to unlock.
Note: You cannot unlock individual sections, you have to unlock them all.
This feature unlocks all scores made by the assessor, so that they are now marked as "Done" instead. This means that the assessor has access to "undone" sections and change the score. The assessor has to register all scores again afterwards.
When an assessor is unavailable or cannot finish the assessment, points-based assessment allows you to substitute assessors. In this example, one of the assessors has become ill and cannot finish his assessment before the deadline. Luckily, you have an extra assessor available. You add this assessor to the flow as usual.
- On the points-based assessment page, click "Replace assessor".
- Mark the unavailable assessor to the left and the extra assessor to the right.
- Click "Save" to substitute the assessor.
Note: Substitution transfers all changes made by the subsequent assessor (annotations etc.).
Deactivate or change assessment method for sections
In this example, one of the sections had some errors or was too hard for the exam and all participants scored to many negative points, ruining the exam results. Points-based assessment allows the manager to deactivate or change a section to automatic assessment, to circumvent such issues.
On the points-based assessment page, click the in the bottom of a section column in the score table. Click "Deactivate section" to remove the section and its point from the assessment.
Note: From here, you can also set a section to automatic scoring instead of the assigned manual assessment.
Reset finalisation of marks
When marks are finalised you are greeted with the following message:
For now, the points-based assessment system is locked to avoid issues with the marks. If complications arise (e.g. a section has been found to contain content which is not part of the curriculum and it needs to be removed from the assessment), it is possible to unlock the system again.
On the flow page, find the drop-down menu in the top right corner: . Click "Reset assessments", tick of "Execute the action" and click "Execute".
This feature, resets all assessments and opens up the points-based assessment page again (only to the point that you only have to finalise marks again).
Redistributing sections or removing points-based assessment methods
If you find, after the assessment period has started, that you need to change the distribution of sections for the assessors or you want to use the normal assessment mode (where assessors are assigned to participants and not sections), it is possible for the manager to change or reset the whole assessment mode.
From the points-based assessment page, click "Open distribution matrix".
This opens the scoring matrix for the flow (where you distributed the sections to assessors).
Important!: Any changes made and saved on this page resets all assessments done by assessors. We advice that you only commit to making changes here in situations were it is absolutely necessary.
From here you can:
- Redistribute the sections by changing the scoring matrix table (See FLOWmulti: Points-based Assessment - Setup). Press "Save" to save the changes made.
- Reset the scoring matrix table to having no distribution.
- Click on to open the drop-down menu.
- Click "Reset matrix" and confirm.
- Remove points-based assessment mode from the flow, allowing you to choose the usual "Assign to participants" assessment method.
- Click on to open the drop-down menu.
- Click "Reset matrix and assessment type" and confirm.
- This leads you back to the flow page. From here, you can reselect assessment type under "Associates".