Points-based assessment to FLOWmulti has incorporated simple emergency measures to handle problems or mistakes with the assessment. All features and examples below are only available during and after the assessment period of the flow.
- Unregistering scores
- Substituting assessors
- Deactivate or change assessment method of pages
- Reset finalisation of grades
- Redistributing pages or removing points-based assessment method
Unregistering scores for assessors
When an assessor has registered a grade, and there is no conflict with a cooperating assessor, the grade is essentially locked for the assessor and he/she has no access to change it. However, if an assessor comes to the manager, saying that he/she has registered a wrong score for a section, there is an emergency measure in place to handle this.
Click "Unlock assessor scores". Tick off by the assessor who's sections we want to unlock.
Note: You cannot unlock individual sections, but have to unlock all
This feature unlocks all scores made by the assessor so that they are now marked as "Done" instead. This means that the assessor has access to "undone" pages and change the score. The assessor has to register all scores again afterwards.
When an assessor is unavailable and cannot finish the assessment, points-based assessment allows you to substitute assessors. In this example one of the assessors has become ill and cannot finish his assessment before the deadline. Luckily you have an extra assessor available. You add this assessor to the flow as usual.
- On the points-based assessment page, click "Replace assessor".
- Mark the unavailable assessor to the left and the extra assessor to the right.
- Click "Save" to substitute the assessor.
Note: Substitution transfers all changes made by the subsequent assessor (annotations etc.).
Deactivate or change assessment method of sections
In this example, one of the sections had some errors or was too hard for the exam and all participants scores to many negative points on it, ruining the exam results. Points-based assessment allows the manager to deactivate or change a section to automatic assessment, to circumvent such issues.
On the points-based assessment page, click the in the bottom of a section column in the score table. Click "Deactivate section" to remove the section and its point from the assessment.
Note: From here you can also set a section to automatic scoring instead of the assigned manual assessment.
Reset finalisation of grades
When grades are finalised you are greeted with the following message:
For now the points-based assessment system is locked to avoid issues with the grades. If complications arise (e.g. a page has been found to contain content which is not part of the curriculum and it needs to be removed from the assessment), it is possible to unlock the system again.
On the flowpage, find the dropdown-menu in the top right corner (). Click "Reset assessments", tick of "Execute the action" and click "Execute".
This feature, resets all assessments and opens up the points-based assessment page again (only to the point that you only have to finalise grades again).
Redistributing sections or removing points-based assessment methods
If you find, after the assessment period has started, that you need to change the distribution of pages for the assessors or you want to use the normal assessment mode (where assessors are assigned to participants and not sections), it's possible for the manager to change or reset the whole assessment mode.
From the points-based assessment page, click "Open distribution matrix".
This opens the scoring matrix for the flow (where you distributed the sections to assessors).
Important!: Any changes made and saved on this page resets all assessments done by assessors. We advice that you only commit to making changes here in situations were it is absolutely needed.
From here you can:
- Redistribute the sections by changing the scoring matrix table (See FLOWmulti: Points-based Assessment - Setup). Press "Save" to save the changes made.
- Reset the scoring matrix table to having no distribution.
- Click on to open the dropdown-menu.
- Click "Reset matrix" and confirm.
- Remove points-based assessment mode from the flow, allowing you to choose the usual "Assign to participants" assessment method.
- Click on to open the dropdown-menu.
- Click "Reset matrix and assessment type" and confirm.
- This leads you back to the flowpage. From here you can reselect assessment type under "Associates".