The FLOWcomplain module allows participants to request explanation to a given grade. The module then allows the manager to manually manage explanation requests or automatically assign requests to assessors, that can either give a written explanation or indicate that a verbal explanation will be given.
Below is a guide to setting up the module for the license and handling explanation requests.
- Setup (License Administrator)
- Flow setup (Manager)
- Sending a request (Participant)
- Assigning explanations (Manager)
- Processing assigned request (Assessor)
- Reviewing explanation (Manager, Participant)
Setup (License Administrator)
First, a license administrator needs to set up the explanation request template. The template consists of a custom number of sections (questions) for the participant to fill. This template will be used for all requests made by participants, on all flow types.
On the license administrator page, go to License overview > Setup FLOWcomplain.
On the FLOWcomplain page, in the top right corner, click Edit to change the request template.
- Click Add to add another section.
- This question is a "Text area" section, which allows a larger written answer. Click the pencil button to edit the section.
- This is an "Input" section, which limits the answer of the participant to be straight to the point. Click the pencil button to edit the section.
- Click Cancel to undo the changes. Click Save to add the changes to the request template.
The section editor is the same for editing and creating a new section.
Flow setup (Manager)
When setting a flow up with the FLOWcomplain module, the manager needs to be aware of two settings. According to license settings, these can be set on or off as default. Go to the Advanced tab of the flow page.
- Explanation support: Choose whether or not participants get to send explanation requests after the assessment period.
- Automatically assign explanation requests to assessor: Choose whether or not to (off) manually review and assign requests to the assessor or have it be done (on) automatically.
Sending a request (Participant)
When the assessment period has ended, participants can send an explanation request from the flow page in the Assessment section (i.e. below the given assessment). Click Request explanation to open the form.
Note: There is a deadline for the participants to request an explanation. The standard deadline is 2 weeks (14 days) and this can be changed by contacting Customer Service.
Fill out the template and click Preview request. This shows a preview of the request the assessor receives.
When the request has been sent, you can review the request in the Assessment section of the flow page. Here you can also see the deadline for the request. This deadline timeframe is set according to license settings.
Assigning explanations (Manager)
When explanation requests are sent by participants you, the manager, will get notified via the Notification centre.
If the request are not set to automatically be assigned to the assessor, the manager has to accept the explanation request (making an administrative barrier between assessors and participants). The request will show up as a small notification on the Tools menu of the Participant list. Click Explanations, to enter the explanation management page.
On the explanation management page, click Actions to review the request. Click Accept to assign the explanation to the chosen assessor. If there are more than one internal assessor, choose between the assessors to assign the request.
When assigned, the manager can review the explanation from this page. Assessor are sent a notification as they are assigned a request. If this process is set to automatic, the manager still need to assign request with more than one internal assessor manually, but requests from participants with one assessor is assigned automatically.
Processing assigned request (Assessor)
Explanation requests are always handled in the Explanation panel in the Assessor tool.
In the participant list, explanation requests are shown as a yellow symbol by the participant. Click the button to enter the Assessor tool with the explanation panel open for that participant.
You can also open the panel directly from the participant menu (i.e. the top-right menu) in the Assessor tool.
The explanation panel resembles the Annotation panel and is located on the right side of the window in the Assessor tool.
- You can review the participant's request by clicking View participant's request.
- The request has a barebone comment editor, where the explanation can be written.
- You can also indicate that you want to give the explanation in person.
- Click Register to save the explanation.
Importantly, er registered explanation cannot be changed.
Note: There is a deadline for the assessor to answer the request. The standard deadline is 2 weeks (14 days) and this can be changed by contacting Customer Service.
Reviewing explanation (Manager, Participant)
When registered, the explanation needs to be accepted by the manager, who will be notified of the submission.
In the Tools menu of the participant list > Explanations > Actions (as with assigning requests).
Read the explanation from the Explanation section of the window and click Accept explanation + Confirm to send the explanation to the participant.
As a Participant, you can review the explanation from the Assessment section by clicking View explanation.