(Introduced in WISEflow 2.14.0)
As an author you have the option to change the configuration for the entire assignment. You can access the configuration by clicking the small tool icon as shown on the image.
In the configuration menu you will have following options:
- Shuffle items: Make sections occur in random order for each participant
- Negative scores: Allow questions to have negative scores
- Reading mode: Mandatory period of read-only access at flow start. If activated, this starts the assignment with a set period of time where the participant have read-only access to the sections of the assignment. You can set ekstra settings of reading time is activated:
- Go to first section on completion: Automatically returns to first section when the reading time is finished.
- Reading time: Period of time where there should be read-only access
- Warning time: Number of seconds to show warning before the reading time ends
- No backward navigation: Disallow backward navigation in the assignment. If activated, this makes it impossible for the participant to return to a previously attempted section.
- Warning on section change: Warn the participants when progressing to next question if the current section is not fully answered.
An activated option is shown with a green color and a deactiveted one is shown in grey.
In the following we will try to explain how the setting Negative score works. In this example the author disables Negative score but sets penalty to -2 points.
The image shows how it looks in the assessor tool:
This participant has chosen two wrong answers but the overall score is 0. This means that the overall score on the question and FLOWmulti assignment cannot be a minus score.
If the penalty points are set to -1 and the maximum score is 4 (with multiple responses) the participant will get a penalty. In this case 2 points for correct answer (A) but -1 for incorrect answer (B) and the overall score for the section is 1 point.
This means that an author can set up the assignment by disabling the Negative score but still set the penalty points. The participants will get penalty points but the sections and overall score on the assignment cannot be under 0 points.