Reassessment flows are used, when it has been decided that a reassessment is needed for certain participants. It works by creating a flow without a participant start and end date related to the flow it was created from. It will let you add the needed participants and their assignments directly to the flow, so the participants do not need to hand in again.
Note: It is not possible to use reassessment on FLOWoral or any flows in a FLOWcombine or FLOWseries.
Creating a Reassessment flow
Creating reassessment flows can be done by going to the flow where a reassessment is needed and choosing to create it from the dropdown menu of the flow. Alternatively you can have your license setup to automatically create a reassessment flow when the assessment period has ended on a regular flow.
Note: Reassessment flows can also be created through the WISEflow API which allows for events in external systems to trigger the creation. In this case automatic creation in WISEflow should be disabled.
When creating the reassessment flow, all settings and related material from the original flow will carry across to the reassessment flow, but all participants, assessors, reviewers and other roles associated with the flow will not follow over to the new flow, allowing another assessor and/or reviewer, if needed, to assess the participants work.
When the reassessment flow is created, it will follow the reassessment period specified by the license setting, where you can add participants and create individual assessments with assigned assessors. Do note that individual reassessment end dates can be made to go beyond this default reassessment period.
Note: With a SIS integration to WISEflow, it is possible to have students automatically synchronised to the reassessment flow if the student has sent in a complaint about their grade. Synchronisation is only available as long as the general reassessment date is not overdue.
When opening the reassessment, you will have a lot of options for the reassessment, much like a normal flow.
- Option to navigate to the main flow which the reassessment is made from.
- Adding assessors to the reassessment.
- Distribution of the reassessments amongst the assigned assessors.
- Adding reviewers to the reassessment for reviewing and also for final submit if that setting is applied.
- Additional material just for the assessors, to allow them additional information regarding the flows assignment.
- Much like a normal flow, it is possible to apply anonymity to participants, so the assessors will not know which particular student they are grading.
- Advanced settings include settings related to assessors and reviewers, which will not need any changes if reassessment should follow the same settings as the original assessment.
- Allows the assessors to use a rubric for their assessment of the participants.
- Viewing the final assessments of the assessors' reassessments.
On a reassessment, adding participants works a little different from normal flow, as you can only add participants from the original flow which the reassessment was created from.
When adding participants, it is possible to search for the specific students who need reassessments. Putting a checkmark in the box next to the participant will add it to the list of participants who need reassessing.
When adding participants to this list, a new reassessment end date will also be needed, so an assessor has a deadline for reassessing the participant. When the list has been made and you have saved the list of selected participants, all of these participants and their handed-in material will appear on the reassessment flow.
When the participants are added to the reassessment, you will also need to add an assessor to the flow and assign these to the participants in need of reassessments.
From here the reassessment is in the hands of the assessor, who will be reassessing the participants.