This article contains features added with the October Release 2020.
This article will show you how to allocate assignments to participants and the different ways that you can allocate the assignments to individual students. It can be used to give special assignments or to randomise the given assignments of students and many other scenarios to tailor your participants experience of the exam.
Note: Allocation of assignments only works for FLOWlock, FLOWassign, FLOWhandin, FLOWoral and FLOWattend.
Uploading/finding your assignment:
When opening the flow page and going to the "To be handed out" tab, you will get the following options:
- Manage assignments: This option will send you directly to the assignment allocation page.
- +: the plus sign will be a shortcut for sending you to the assignment allocation page AND add the first assignment for you to upload.
If you have already at least 1 assignment added to your flow, then the + option will be replaced with the assignments you have added to the flow.
When you open the assignments page, you will have the following options:
- Zip-file download: This option lets you download all of the assignments in a single zip-file.
- View: This button changes how the page displays the assignment between a card view (see above) and a list view.
- Create: Lets you create a new separate assignment.
- Assignment: Here you can see all of the relevant information of a single assignment.
- Edit: This button lets you edit the assignments, its different properties and its appendix material.
- Preview: If the material added as assignment or appendix is viewable in browsers, it will have an eye next to it that lets you preview it.
- All/no allocation: These 2 buttons are shortcuts to either allocate or remove the assignment from all participants.
When creating or editing an assignment, you will get a few options to tailor your assignment. When first creating your assignment it will look like the above picture. Notice that the "Allocated to all" will be turned on by default. You also have the option to either drag&drop your material into the two fields or to browse what you want to upload.
When pressing the "Edit" button, you will get access to edit your already created assignments, where you can change the assignments materials and properties.
- Name: You can change the name of the assignment for easier differentiation between assignments.
- Allocate to all: this checkbox lets you allocate the assignment to all participants on the flow.
- Type and name: If the format is recognisable by wiseflow, the type will be shown here with an icon, while the name of the material is also displayed here.
- Material options: These buttons lets you remove, preview and download the material.
- Delete: This button is for deleting the assignment completely, if you want to remove the assignment completely from the flow.
After creating and editing your assignments to fit your needs, if you look further down the page, you will be able to see a table of your participants on the flow.
When looking at this table, you have a few different fews to allocate assignments and change the table view:
- Quick allocation: Quick allocation lets you quickly distribute assignments based on percentages to randomly distribute assignments to students.
- Allocation matrix: This matrix is great for quickly allocating assignments to specific individuals.
- Reset: This button gives you an option to reset your allocation, in case you want to redo your assignment allocation.
- Assignment identifiers: This field contains various options of how you want to display the assignments in the assignment column of your allocation table, such as assignment name, file name or appendix name.
- Table columns: By pressing this button you will get access to a variety of different columns you can choose to display in the table.
- Direct allocation: The assignments can also be directly assigned to a participant by clicking the participant in the table and a field appears where you can choose which assignments to allocate to the participant.
This type of allocation lets you allocate the assignments randomly to each student based on a percentage of how many who should have the assignment allocated.
This works by first clicking the field at the top to add an assignment to be allocated. After choosing your assignments, you can start changing the percentages of how many should have the different assignments allocated.
Note: assignments marked as "Allocated to all" will be shown in orange in the field, as they are automatically added to 100% of the students.
You can choose to change either the "Intended percentage" or the "Participants" to whichever amount you want to have the assignment allocated to.
The allocation matrix lets you choose which assignments goes to which individual with ease of use.
On the right side of the table you will see squares that correlates to each assignment next to the student. By clicking the square you can allocate the assignment to this individual student.
Tip: For quickly allocating several assignments or students, hold down the "A" and "D" keys to Add or Delete an allocation of the assignments to the square you are holding your mouse over. This lets you quickly add and remove assignment allocations by moving your mouse across the squares.