As the manager of a flow, you can allow the participants to hand-in in groups. This is chosen in the pane Basic settings> Details > Group type:
You will find three options under Group type:
If No group type is chosen, all participants will hand in separately.
If the group form Group paper is chosen, the participants will have to form or take part in a group in order to be allowed to hand in. Each group member will can hand in and withdraw on behalf of the entire group, and only one paper can be handed in. This will be useful, when you have a group form with a collected submission on behalf of the entire group. This means the participants will receive collected feedback from the assessor tool and there will be only one plagiarism report.
If the group form Individual papers is chosen, all participants will have to form or take part in a group in order to be allowed to hand in. All group members will still have to hand in separately in this group form. This group form is useful when the participants can take part in a group, but where they have to hand in individual papers.
Note!: If the group form is changed after the flow has started, all participant hand-ins will be deleted and the participants must hand in again.
Note: It is possible for the participants to form a one-man group.
Manage the groups as the manager of the flow
As the manager of the flow you can define the groups beforehand, when a group form has been chosen. The groups can be locked or open for editing by the participants.
Choose "Manage groups" at the top of the participant list:
When managing groups, you use the "Manage groups tool". This is overviewed below.
- Save or Cancel the current changes made to the group assignments.
Search by full name, primary email address, or organisation ID. This will highlight and jump to the participant in both the "Participants not in a group" and "Groups" list.
You can also choose by which identification the participants should be displayed: full name, primary email address, or organisation ID.
- Delete all groups and reset the group structure.
- Empty all groups without deleting them.
- Assign participants equally but randomly across all current groups.
Add a group. Choose between adding one group or multiple groups with the tool-menu to the right of the button.
(1) Add n empty groups. (2) Add groups and equally assign participants. Choose how many participants per group and see how many groups by the symbol to the right. In this example, 5 participants are separated into 3 groups (2+2+1).
Listed participants who has not been assigned to a group. Check one or more participants to open the action menu.
From left to right, Un-check participants, un-check specific participants, remove chosen participants from groups if assigned, add participants to group, chosen from menu.
A group. Further explanation can be found below.
Note: If you as a manager do not manage the groups, participants are allowed to form the groups themselves.
Individual group settings
Groups can be customised with names and/or settings and participants can be added via Copy-Paste.
- Using unique ID's or email addresses in a comma-separated text list, can be copied and pasted into this field. Participants are then added automatically to the group from the list.
- If group is locked for participants to edit the group, and number of assigned participants.
- Delete group, if empty.
Edit group settings.
Manually set group number and/or name. Set whether or not participants should be able to edit the group.
- Remove participants from the group.