This is an article to demonstrate how to "Download Paper" in a FLOWlock and a FLOWmulti. The reason for this function is to allow you to save your progress on your exam if you are offline from WISEflow.
is a local copy of your exam. If this appears you are able to download a local snapshot of your paper.
Note: No connection to WISEflow is an indicator you are working offline from the WISEflow server.
The picture below represents FLOWlock and FLOWmulti layout when Download paper is available. If you click Download paper you will see the download in your standard folder for downloaded files.
Note: The download is not to be opened or the contents to be amended. It includes all your progress online and offline up to the point that the copy is downloaded.
After you have downloaded your local copy you are able to upload this to either hand in or carry on where you left off from.
Upload local copy
Note: Participants have up to 4 hours after the participation period ends to upload a local copy.
1. Select the correct flow and see you have an option to "upload local copy"
2. After you select "upload local copy", you will need to select the "Choose file" and navigate to the file location.
3. After you have selected the file to upload, you then need to validate the file upload by entering the Invigilator password if applicable and click "Validate".
4a. (FLOWmulti) Now the file upload is validated, you can click on "Update paper".
4b. (FLOWlock) Now the file upload is validated, you can choose to either click "Update paper" or "Hand in paper".
5. If you chose to "Update paper", then you will see confirmation of this on your flow page.
Useful tips for using this function
- If you notice you are offline, "Download paper" at your earliest convenience.
- If you are going to be offline for a prolonged amount of time, periodically "Download paper". This acts as a save feature.
- If you have been offline and clicked "Download Paper", but established a connection again. Check in the top right of your screen that your paper has been saved. If this has happened you can carry on as normal through your exam, as all your offline progress will now be saved to the WISEflow server.