When you click on the the Author tab, you are presented with the overview screen. In the picture above you can see a section for Assignments which is displayed with their respective tables. "Go to assignments will take you to your assignments area within the Author tool. There is also an edit button within each assignment entry in the assignments table represented by a pencil icon. Clicking this will take you directly to that individual assignment.
- Overview button allows you to quickly navigate to different sections of the author tool.
- Will take you to your assignments section.
- Allows you to open and edit your recently edited assignments.
Within the Assignments section you have the ability to create, edit and delete each assignment. Also we will look at adding sections into your assignment from the Content Bank.
- This is where you can filter the assignments by Author groups
- Takes you to "manage assignments" section.
- Add a new assignment.
- Preview of the assignment.
- Copy assignment.
- Edit the assignment.
Creating a New Assignment
When you click on "+ New Assignment" it will present you with a pop window to give your assignment a title and a description. Once you have entered the information, click on "Create".
After you click "Create" this will be your next window.
- Title and description of the title.
- Navigate back to your assignment list.
- Number of questions in your assignment.
- Maximum score available in your assignment.
- Add an author group to your assignment.
- Date and time of your last update to the assignment.
- Edit the title and description of your assignment.
- Assignment settings.
- Copy the assignment.
- Preview the assignment.
- Add a flow version to your assignment.
- Manage and re order your sections.
- Add a new section or a section form the content bank to your assignment.
- Your new/existing sections will appear in this table.
- Remove the section form your assignment.
- Copy the section .
- Add the section to the content bank.
- Preview the section.
- Edit the section.
Creating a New Section
When you click on "Add a section" then click "New", the window above will appear for you to add a title and description of your new section. After you have entered the information accordingly you can click on "Save" to move into creating your new section.
The image above shows how your display will preview when adding a new section or editing and existing one into the content bank.
- Title and description of your assignment.
- Navigate between sections within your assignment.
- Takes you to your assignment preview.
- Copy section.
- Delete section.
- Edit the title and description of the assignment.
- Total amount of questions within your section.
- Maximum score possible.
- Add author groups to your section.
- Date and time of the last update.
- When the Save button is green, this indicates that your section is currently saved.
- Amend layout and apply data tables for your section.
- Viewing preference.
- Edit an existing question
- Delete an existing question.
- Add a new question.
Manage Assignments and Sections
When managing assignments and sections, you are able add and remove data in bulk.
The below screenshot is managing assignments.
- Delete selected assignments.
- Add author groups to selected assignments.
- Remove author groups from selected assignments.
- Export selected assignments.
- Import assignments.
- To select or de select all assignments in the list.
- Select or de select individual assignments.
Below is managing sections, the points on selecting sections is the same as in the assignments view.
- Add selected sections to the content bank.
- Remove selected sections form the assignment.
- Remove selected items form the content bank.
Creating a New Flow Version
Flow versions allow you to create a reference that can be added to a flow. Every time you make changes you are then able to create a new flow version. The reference that appears on your main assignment page is the latest flow version.
- Access your flow version section.
- Create a new flow version of the assignment.
- Add notes for the specific flow version.
Note: When deleting an assignment, all versions associated will also be deleted.
Existing Flow Version
After you create a new flow version, you will be presented with a flow version reference. As explained above the reference, youe current view is a read only. Clicking "To the original assignment" will take you back to the main assignment where you can make further edits and create new flow versions.
- Flow version reference, left clicking will add the reference to your clip board.
- See all flow versions associated with this assignment.
Note: If an assignments attached to a flow is deleted, the assignment on the flow will not be affected.
Viewing All Versions
If you select "See version list" you will see the above window.
- How many versions are available.
- Edit the preview of the table.
- Preview flow version assignment.
Note: You can't edit a previous assignment version but can create a copy to edit. The copy will have no link to your previous versions and will act as a new stand alone assignment.
When you are inside your original flow, you can access the current flow version reference by clicking on "Flow versions" and left clicking on the reference to add this to your clipboard. You will add assignemnts in the same way on a flow as previously.
Note: The original assignment is the latest version of the assignment.
There is shortcut quick navigation available on the top left of the page so you can navigate around the tool with ease. The shortcuts will be the previous pages leading to your current position.
There is also a quick navigation button that will take you to any section within the Author Overview, no matter where you are currently located.